- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 oz.) of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or homemade)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 lb. cooked spaghetti noodles (broken in half before cooking)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- Dry Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown beef and onion together over medium high heat, drain grease.
Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add sugar while simmering.
Stir in red pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Mix sauce with noodles and place in a greased 9 x12 baking dish. Spread Italian blend cheese evenly over noodle mixture and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
- 1 box of pineapple cake mix
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, drained (reserving juice)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Reserved pineapple juice plus water to make 1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 cup melted salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries without stems
- Cooking spray
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Place baking rack in the middle of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
Spray 24 muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
Spoon 1 full teaspoon of melted butter into each cup, followed by just under 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
Place one maraschino cherry in the middle of the scoop of brown sugar.
Scoop 1 tablespoon of crushed pineapple around the cherry, and press flat.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, juice/water, and vegetable oil. Using a hand mixer on medium, mix for 1-2 minutes.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full with batter.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow cakes to cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack.
Dust cakes with powdered sugar before serving.