Here are a few tips on helping your child to learn:
- Respond to your baby’s first smiles, gurgles, and coos — she’s talking to you and wants you to talk, too!
- Hold and talk to your baby; smile and be cheerful while you do.
- Read books to your baby every day. Praise him when he babbles and “reads” too.
- When you read with your child, have her turn the pages. Take turns labeling pictures with your child.
- Describe what your baby is looking at; for example, “red, round ball.”
Community Service Programs of West Alabama (CSP), Inc.’s Head Start/Early Head Start, Child Care Partnership, and Early Intervention programs engage families and encourage healthy lifestyle choices. Safe and healthy children are ready to learn and explore their world.