- Care don’t share. Don’t share utensils with your child or “clean” a pacifier by putting it in your mouth. You can transfer cavity causing germs to your child.
- Eat healthy and drink fluoride water.
- Make sure child has first dental visit no later than age 1 year old.
- Use fluoride toothpaste. As soon as teeth come through the gums use fluoride toothpaste. When kids can brush their own teeth, have them brush 2 minutes two times per day.
- Seal out decay. Ask your dentist about applying dental sealants to chewing surfaces of teeth.
Community Service Programs of West Alabama (CSP), Inc.’s Head Start/Early Head Start, Child Care Partnership, and Early Intervention programs engage families and encourage healthy lifestyle choices. Safe and healthy children are ready to learn and explore their world.