- Just hanging out together...do something you mutually enjoy
- Letting your child chose how to spend this special time together with you
- Excluding everyone else...this is YOUR time, make it special
- Getting away from distractions like the TV, telephone or other interruptions
- Sometimes choosing a private spot...a park bench, your front porch, etc.
- Allowing for “quiet” time when there isn’t any conversation; kids often need time to work up the nerve to tell parents something important
- Developing a hobby or special interest that belongs just to the two of you playing games, laughing, being silly
- Letting your child know just how special it is when just the two of you are
Community Service Programs of West Alabama (CSP), Inc.’s Head Start/Early Head Start, Child Care Partnership, and Early Intervention programs engage families and encourage healthy lifestyle choices.
Safe and healthy children are ready to learn and explore their world.