- Develop a preparedness program for your business to plan for & reduce the impact of disasters. Find more info here: www.ready.gov/business
- Make sure your school has emergency procedures in place for disasters that could affect your campus.
- Know how to get in touch with family/friends if phones are down. Text instead of call and mark yourself as safe on social media.
- If you can’t get in touch with family/friends after a disaster, register yourself as “Safe and Well” on the Red Cross’ website.
- Sign up to receive alerts from your school in case of an emergency like an active shooter event or natural disaster.
Planning ahead for disasters is critical. Are you prepared? Here are some things to do help protect you, your family, and your friends.
Community Service Programs of West Alabama (CSP), Inc.’s Head Start/Early Head Start and Early Intervention programs engage families and encourage healthy lifestyle choices. Safe and healthy children are ready to learn and explore their world.