- Make an Emergency Plan.
- Sign up for alerts and warnings in your area.
- Learn your evacuation zone and have an evacuation plan.
- Check your insurance coverage and review the Document and Insure Property guide.
- Plan financially for the possibility of disaster.
- Download a group texting app so your entire crew can keep in touch before, during & after an emergency.
- Practice evacuating in the car with your animals, so they’re more comfortable if you need to evacuate in an emergency.
- Financial prep tip: flood-proof important documents by putting them in plastic bags to protect against water damage.
- Keep some cash on hand in case of emergencies.
Here are some websites for more information:
Community Service Programs of West Alabama (CSP), Inc.’s Head Start/Early Head Start and Early Intervention programs engage families and encourage healthy lifestyle choices. Safe and healthy children are ready to learn and explore their world.