The flooding from Harvey forced MD Anderson Cancer Center to close its doors for outpatient services, appointments, and surgeries at all Houston-area locations. At last check, limited outpatient operations were underway.
It’s all about giving back. In a press release, The DCH Foundation says:
When we were suffering through the tornado, hospital employees like us all over the country sent us gifts. Within just a month of the tornado, The DCH Foundation collected $400,000, mostly from other hospitals, and distributed it to those who needed help getting back on their feet. We may not all be able to be in Houston helping with the clean-up or building the city back but your generosity can certainly help make this disaster just a little less awful.
We learned during our tornado experience that a single large check to their foundation, designated to employee recovery, is the best way to help. We looked at our giving to Norman Regional in Joplin, Missouri, and know that we can, with a little effort, reach a goal of $10,000 for these folks who are really suffering.
Wondering how you can give?
- Donate online at thedchfoundation.org
- Donate in person at The Foundation Office or in any of the DCH Gift Shops
- Donate in person in front of the cafeteria
- RMC – Friday, September 1st 6 a.m. – 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- NMC – Tuesday, September 5th 6 a.m. – 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
For DCH Employees:
- Collect donations at a unit level, and submit to The DCH Foundation office
- Complete the attached payroll deduction sheet (DCH employees) and:
- fax to: 205-759-7004