"Mark has proven himself innovative and effective as the City’s deputy chief human resources officer," said Maddox. "He has given outstanding service to the public and to City Hall employees. He can carry over those qualities to the Office of the City Clerk and make a great impact as we work toward being the most innovative and effectively-managed city in the United States."
Fields, who is a retired U.S. Navy commander, holds a bachelor’s from the University of Kansas. He has more than 25 years of experience in administrative and personnel management. Before starting with the City of Tuscaloosa last year, he was license clerk for the Tuscaloosa County License Commission for five years.
Tuscaloosa's Mayor Maddox Names Mark Fields as New City Clerk
City of Tuscaloosa Mayor Walter Maddox has appointed Mark Fields as city clerk, effective Sept. 5.
Latest from Super User
- City of Tuscaloosa Partners with Alabama Power, Alabama Forestry Commission to Host Annual Tree Giveaway
- West Alabama Aids Outreach Becomes Five Horizons Health Services
- UA “Books for the Black Belt” Campaign Kicks Off
- DCL Weekly: Community Calendar of Events
- CSP Spotlight: Five Ways to Prevent Kids' Tooth Decay