Humane Society’s Pet of the Week: Meet Nick
This handsome dog is Nick, a 2-1/2 to 3-year-old male Labrador retriever mix. He is the Humane Society of West Alabama's Pet of the Week!
Nick is solid black and solid muscle. Nick is a shorter, more compact lab, weighing 44 pounds, and this is full-grown. He was pulled from our local animal shelter where he had been dropped off as a stray, and no one came to claim him. Poor Nick had been down there over 3 months - yep, black dog syndrome strikes again!
Nick is a friendly, fun dog that just wants to enjoy life. He has some energy and needs a jogging buddy, walking partner or a playmate to help use up his energy. Nick may be okay for an apartment, as long as he gets plenty of exercise. He will require a fenced-in yard if in a house so that he can have an area to run and play.
Nick should be fine with children 8 years old and up and seems to get along well with other dogs. He has started his crate training. Nick is up-to-date on his vet care, neutered, heartworm negative and microchipped. He is on heartworm and flea/tick prevention. Black dogs are beautiful, and we hope you will fall in love with him as much as we have!
Latest from Super User
- Pullin’ For The Arc: Annual Fire Truck Pull Benefits The Arc of Tuscaloosa County
- City of Tuscaloosa Initiates Innovative Business Plan Competitions Benefitting Tornado Recovery Areas
- Exchange Club Honors 2018 Law Enforcement Officers of the Year
- Things to Do: TSO and TCD Team Up for “Dancing Musical Characters”
- UA to Hold Two-Day Equestrian Competition at River Oaks Farm